Through this weeks readings it has become more apparent than ever the amount of information that companies receive from our use of technology.  I was never aware of how much information companies mine from accounts such as social media. Even when being made aware, I wondered to myself, would I stop using social media? What is my information even good for anyways? Does it really pose a threat to me? Or are they finding information such as how many people in a certain area access social media accounts? All these questions came pouring into my mind. Although at the end of the day, I didn’t read a single thing that truly made me quiver in my decision to use social media. When we connect this knowledge to the idea of open resources, it then makes me wonder how much data is collected from those types of sources. In the grand scheme of things, there’s not enough common knowledge out there to persuade people to be mindful of technology use. Most average, every day people don’t even know that their data is being used at all.