IPad Website For Math

This year I have been using Splash Learn website and the Splash Math section for our math stations. IPad’s is a great way to give some extra support and practice for students. Plus, all students love the IPad’s so it ends up being an incentive. Based on what I have learned through my research in games is that there are several different features that make games appealing to students. They are the rewards, feedback, graphics and difficulty. I have really enjoyed use Splash Math this year because it allows for me to send out differentiated lessons to each student. I can have students working on different things while on the IPad’s and they are doing this independently.

https://www.splashlearn.com/

Within the Splash Learn website there are hundreds of different games for students to play. A teacher would set it up with a class list and provide the grade level of the class. After that kids will learn their log in information and simply log in to play. It is really handy because it is free and it is online so it doesn’t require you to download it. It also doesn’t require any specific information about your students which keeps your students privacy safe. You simply click sign in and it will take you to the sign in screen for students or adults.

From here the students click student, enter their class code that is given to you when you sign up and they select their name then enter their password. The passwords are auto generated I print out the list and staple it beside the IPads incase the students forget.

This is what the dashboard looks like. On the left it shows you what the teacher has sent you and then you can go through and play other games. You also collect coins for different games and there are various rewards as you go. Splash Learn will also send you updates as a teacher as to whether your students have completed the assignments sent and how well they did on it. This is very helpful information to see what they’re able to do in a different way and on their own.