This last week we have been discussing the different pro’s and con’s that online learning can provide. When doing online learning one must have drive, dedication and interest enough in actually completing the courses set out for them. I myself found this a struggle in my undergrad because I would take courses online that didn’t interest me but that were requirements. In now taking an online masters program, I am finding that I truly appreciate the openness and freedom that I have. Since I am interested in my masters I find that I am always prepared and interested in the topics that are discussed.

In taking this idea I am curious as to how online learning can work from k-12 when it is fully online. I am curious more towards primary education when online. A new BC government document came out called Play Today that outlines the very important pieces of play that aid in learning. The question becomes if students do curriculum or learning fully online, how do they incorporate the play based learning that they need to develop? I suppose this is where parents come in. If parents are involved then I supposed it becomes more of a blended learning environment versus a fully online one. Can a fully online course exist for primary grades? I currently don’t see how it can but again, people have amazing ideas so perhaps that will be able to create something that changes my mind.